So you love brunch, too?
And you stand in support of Swiss and Gruyere cheese, brown sugar ham, caramelized onions, and spinach baked into creamy eggs and topped with a crispy golden croissant topping?
Okay, yes. Welcome. You and I are on the same team.
First off, ingredient list.
ALDI is our hero today. Everything you see above came from ALDI. Not only did this haul give us some good organic, fresh, delicious ingredients to work with for our brunch bake – it also saved me (and you!) a chunk of cash money.
- Simply Nature Grade-A Organic CageFree Eggs
- Organic spinach
- Village Bakery croissants (but if you want to get fancy, there are some Specially Selected Herb and Cheese Croissants at ALDI this spring and yes they would be amazing here)
- Happy Farms Preferred Swiss and Gruyere Shredded Cheese
- Onions for caramelizing (swoon)
- Appleton Farms Spiral Sliced Double Glazed Brown Sugar Ham which is so good that it specifically got compliments when I made this for friends.
First up, caramelize your onions.
Then toss with some browned ham and spinach in a casserole dish.
Sprinkle that cheese in there like it’s your job, pour eggs in, and top with your torn-up croissants. (Don’t worry, you’ll have enough leftover croissants for straight-up butter and jam croissant eating with coffee. Brunch appetizer. We aren’t savages here.)
Wrap in foil, bake that guy up, and pull it out of the oven juuuust before it’s fully cooked. I am kind of sensitive about overcooked eggs and I really recommend undercooking slightly and letting this one finish gently by just resting on the counter for a few minutes.
Will you be the belle of the brunch ball? Yes.
Are you cool as a cucumber for how easy this whole thing was? Double yes.
This is PRIME easiness and deliciousness for your Easter brunch, friends.
All you do is win. Eggs, cheese, ham, and croissant brunchy style.